Monday, November 15, 2010

Prague Part Dvě

It's already Monday night and I can't believe my trip to Prague has come and gone.  The last time I left you I was getting ready to go and see one of Prague's famous Black Light Theatre Shows.  The show was, to say the least, an experience I will never forget. The show combined several forms of music and dance to create a story about the main male character's life. First thing out on stage was a giant bubble and we watched this guy "birthed" out of it. At this point I totally lost it, and started laughing uncontrollably. We were front row, and I did not know what to do, because my laughter became contagious and then Catherine also started giggling. I literally missed the first 5 minutes of the show because every time I looked at the stage I started shaking from laughing so hard and I was so embarrassed. Once I gained my composure back I was able to watch the remaining 80 minutes of the show. Some say that laughter is food for the soul, and my soul was definitely stuffed!

The next morning we were up early and took an hour train ride outside of the city to Kutna Hora. The train excursion was surprisingly easy to navigate. The train station itself was close to our hotel, and it only cost us around $10 round trip to travel. One of my students at the University had told me about a bone church, so we decided to check it out for ourselves. To say the least it was bizzare. Over 40,000 human skeleton's went into the creation of this church. You can see from the pictures it was a bit morbid, however, an interesting site to see. 

We feasted on pizza margarita for lunch, which is one of my most favourite foods! It was so great and with the conversion rates food was not too expensive. After lunch we headed back to Prague, and the train ride was really relaxing after our day of walking around the Kutna Hora town.

Later that evening Catherine and I decided to go out for a nice dinner, and I feasted on fettuccine alfredo! It was awesome. The video below shows the string quartet that played for serenaded us during dinner. The group really added to the dining experience!  After dinner we enjoyed some gelato while walking around the Charles Bridge one last time. The city was really bustling at night, and the weather was in the low 50's, which was such a nice change from the cold weather I have recently been experiencing in Scotland.

The next morning we were up early and I helped Catherine get to the airport via bus and metro. I was really sad when she left, and had the entire day to myself to do a little more exploring. So what's a sad girl to do for her last day in Prague; eat, shop and pamper herself!  I thought it was odd but on almost every corner there were Thai massage parlours, and having been to Thailand and experience Thai massage many times before I knew it was just what I needed. I felt so relaxed and refreshed after the massage! Before heading to the airport to catch my flight I had to get stop one last time for a taste of pizza margarita. I walked around the Old square on my way out of town and took some final pictures of the famous astronomical clock. The trip and flight home had no problems and was back in my flat by 10pm. Overall it was such an amazing trip and I am so glad I got to experience it with my friend Catherine. I would recommend visiting the city for a long weekend getaway, and remember to bring comfy shoes! One other thing that would have been useful was a calculator. The conversions were not so easy to calculate in your head, and this would have made shopping a lot easier. But overall, I had an amazing time and was glad to cross Prague off of my bucket list of places to visit. Until next time I will see you on the internet. 
                                                      View from Astronomical Clock tower

No comments:

Post a Comment